Today we have a guest blogger with us, authors Amie & Bethanie Borst. I hope you enjoy getting to know more about their debut novel Cinderskella by Jolly Fish Press. Amie has given us ten things we didn’t know about her. Enjoy!
Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Me (Amie Borst)
1) I love pink. Anything pink. My first grade teacher named me “The Pink Lady” – not much has changed!
2) Daises are my favorite flowers. They were in my wedding bouquet and I knew they had to be placed in Cinderskella. They’re simplistic and homey feeling.
3) I started college when I was 16 but I’ve never really thought I was smart.
4) When I was 18 I was the lead singer in a garage band named Velcrow Puppies. I was told I sounded like Natalie Merchant (10,000 Maniacs) but the world will never really know!
5) I love chocolate. For years I wouldn’t eat anything but milk chocolate, but now I’m a fan of dark. I prefer it without any fussiness – just straight up chocolate. If I could take it in an IV, I would!
6) Given the chance to travel anywhere in the world, I would go to Ireland.
7) I don’t work on my novels every day. I write when I feel inspired or when I have a deadline. But I do “practice” daily, whether it be blog posts, story charts or character interviews, I try to be constructive. I’ve never been one of these people that has to do something every single day. Even when I was a musician, I didn’t compose daily, but I did hone my craft with scales or favorite songs.
8) If I could change one thing about me, I’d try to focus more on the things that matter.
9) I don’t like revealing things about myself.
10) This was a really hard blog post to write.
Cinderskella (Scarily Ever After #1) is available in paperback and ebook formats at B&N and Amazon.
Genre: MG Paranormal
Description: Cindy is just a normal, average girl. At least until she wakes up one night to find out she is dead. Well, she isn’t technically dead—she just doesn’t have any hair, nose, or . . . skin. Yep, she is a skeleton—all bones and no body.
Human by day and skeleton by night, Cindy is definitely cursed. It doesn’t help that her mother recently died, only to be replaced by an evil stepmother who makes her do gross things like eat liver and clean rooms with only a toothbrush. It really doesn’t help that her father is scared of her strange nightly body appearance and that there’s no way she can attend the school dance “dressed” like a skeleton.
What ensues is a hysterical tale of a young girl who, while coping with the loss of her mother, embarks on a journey of self-discovery, love, and forgiveness, all the while learning to deal with an evil step-mother and her “skeletal” abnormalities.
Author Bio: Amie and Bethanie Borst are a mother-daughter writing team. Amie believes in Unicorns, uses glitter whenever the opportunity arises, accessories in pink and eats too much chocolate. Bethanie is a spunky 13 year old middle-schooler who loves archery, long bike rides and studying edible plant-life. Cinderskella is their first book together and is part of the Scarily Ever After series.