A seance is a meeting at which people attempt to make contact with the dead, especially through the agency of a medium.
On a few investigations we’ve brought mediums to conduct a seance. Most of the time it was at the request of the person who wanted us to visit their haunted place and/or location. Mind you the haunting was thought to be by a deceased family member. I think I am of the same mind on seances as I told you about Ouija boards. Don’t open the door people. Remember what happened in Ghost?
How does one conduct a seance you ask? Let’s go over the steps below. You can either have a medium do this or you can try doing it yourself.
How to Conduct a Seance
- Gather friends or family of the deceased person. Perhaps 6-10 people would be a good number. All participants should be believers and not skeptics.
- Find the right spot to hold the seance. Perhaps that have a favorite room or spot on the property.
- Start some relaxed conversations for about 20 or so minutes to lighten the mood.
- Have the group sit around a round table.
- Turn down the lights and play classical music or something soothing without lyrics. Light candles scented with sandalwood.
- Chant the name of the deceased and ask them to join you. Ask the others there to chant with you.
- Remember that the spirits cannot harm you.
- Greet them when you feel their presence. Recognize that they are there. Think of questions you’d like to ask them and have members of the group ask their questions.
- One thing to remember is that tables levitating and ghosts appearing is something you only see in movies.