“Paranormal is any phenomenon that in one or more respects exceeds the limits of what is deemed physically possible according to current scientific assumptions. Many people associate the term paranormal as only dealing with hauntings and ghosts. However, the paranormal also includes subjects considered to be outside the scope of parapsychology including UFOs, cryptozoology, telepathy, ESP, faith healing, clairvoyance, and many other subjects.” (Milwaukee Area Paranormal website)
I guess I fall into the category of thinking that paranormal has to do with UFOs. I don’t know if you remember meeting me before we started this whole A-Z challenge, but one of my favorite shows is The X-Files and I am from Alaska. Lots of paranormal things have occurred there.
I’ve been in love with aliens for a long time. It fascinates me. I don’t necessarily believe they are little green men but I do believe we are not alone in the universe. You can turn on any channel these days to see a movie where someone has been abducted. There are television series and segments on the History channel, etc. that talk about our ancient, mystical family. It’s very interesting to hear these people talk about the Inca’s and the Egyptians and how there is no way they could’ve had the tools to build the pyramids on their own. There must have been a divine “alien” intervention.
Below is a list of cool things to check out if you are into aliens.
- Roswell, NM. This is such a great road trip. Make sure to go and find the original crash site just outside of town. It’s a rough road so you may want to drive a jeep for off roading. Don’t forget to go to the UFO Museum or eat at the Crashdown Cafe. Alien heads adorn the street lamps along the main street into Roswell. There is also a big alien festival every year. I bet that would be kind of exciting to see. And even though they are not in Roswell, you can check out White Sands National Park and Carlsbad Caverns. You won’t be disappointed.
- Fire in the Sky (1993) You have got to see this movie. It’s based on a true story. In 1975, a group of five men are driving home after working in a forest when they see a mysterious light. Intrigued, Travis Walton leaves the truck — only to be sucked up by a flying saucer. You can read all about his story at the Travis Walton website.
- The Fourth Kind (2009) Another movie. A thriller involving an ongoing unsolved mystery in Alaska, where one town has seen an extraordinary number of unexplained disappearances during the past 40 years and there are accusations of a federal cover up.
- Ancient Aliens on the History channel. My friend Jason loves to watch this show and has it recorded. To learn more about the show go to their website.
- UFO Maps. This website shows a geographical representation of UFO sightings. Click on one to get more details. Check out the website for more information.
I know there are other awesome resources out there for you but this is just a taste of what you’ll find. Mind that you will find some pretty crazy stuff out there too and take it with a grain of salt.
Have you ever been abducted or know anyone who has?