What are Yes/No Questions? A Yes/No Question is a question that can be answered with yes or no. They normally begin with an auxiliary verb or a modal verb, but can also begin with main verbs like be and have.
- Auxiliary verbs: do, can, has, and did to name a few.
- Modal verbs: can, could, will, would, shall, should, and dare to name a few.
There are three basic question types:
- Yes/No: the answer is “yes or no”
- Question-word: the answer is “information”
- Choice: the answer is “in the question”
- Do you want dinner?
- When will we have lunch?
- Do you want milk or sugar with your tea?
- Will they be interested?