What are Linking Verbs? A linking verb connects the subject with a word that gives information about the subject, such as a condition or relationship. They do not show any action; but, they link the subject with the rest of the sentence.
- All the children seem satisfied with the bouncy castle.
- Bob felt sleepy after eating the whole pizza.
- The cinnamon rolls taste heavenly.
- Building the house proves difficult for them.
- Anthony has been a dream the last few weeks.
- The spectators remained silent after the injury on the field.